Sunday, October 7, 2012

Chapter 3, Question 3


A concept that I have enjoyed reading about was good communication and communication styles. There are four different types of communication styles. The first one is assertive communicators that strive for their own solutions and do not need the input from others. Aggressive communicators are similar to assertive communicators in that they are avid about their own needs but aggressive communicators try to control and manipulate others. Passive communicators avoid confrontation and conflict while letting others force their opinions on them. Passive-aggressive communicators are the actual master manipulators because they use their own means to get the results that they want. I feel that I am a passive-aggressive communicator but not as the book defines it. I am passive-aggressive in that I know when to let others speak their minds but if a pressing issue is on my mind, I am able to express myself clearly. I think I am an effective communicator.

No comments:

Post a Comment