Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Chapter 23, Question 1

Many people rely on horoscopes to foresee how their day will go. However, I sometimes use horoscopes to check for accuracy. I read them to see if it matches up with how my day was the night before. My horoscope from Horoscopes.com yesterday read “This will be a great day for you, Cancer. Everything you touch will seem to turn to gold. The day's events will fall right into place. You will take pleasure in being calm and efficient. But what you may not realize is that this could happen every day. Take the time to see what's going right today in order to make it happen again tomorrow!” I sounds nice of course, however, I did not do much with my day except lay in bed and relax. In my opinion, the reading is partly accurate and partly false. I feel that I can find an example within my day to make my horoscope true. I also feel that if I would have read it earlier than I would have did things to make my horoscope come true. However, if it is a bad horoscope reading, people are more likely to ignore that one and embrace the good ones. As a precaution, they are not very reliable because you should not rely on a stranger to tell your destiny, which would be the same prediction for all people the same sign as you. 

3 comments:

  1. Hello Shortie,

    I agree with you that horoscopes are not precise at all. People think it is accurate because horoscopes statements are usually very broad. Moreover, people take those words because they are lost or they need advices. In your daily horoscope, it says you may be facing financial problems. If the statement is valid, then all of the people who are Libra will have financial trouble? I do not think that is going to happen with all the Libra people. I think you may read it as a joke or advice, but do not take it in seriously because it is lack of scientific evidence to support the validity.

    Thank you,
    Adrian 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found my horoscope for the day to be somewhat similar to your case where my recent situation relates to it, but does not match the exact day. I thought that these horoscopes are updated daily, then they should be accurate then. However, almost all of them are so vague that something similar is bound to happen that relates to that horoscope. I like how you mentioned that everyone would have the same prediction, which it actually does imply that if you’re a Cancer, for instance, then all the Cancers will experience that prediction. Sounds a bit ridiculous because then everyone will have the same destiny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean by when if you read your horoscope earlier you would try to make it come true. One of my friends reads her horoscope every single day and she does things to try to make it come true. One day her horoscope said she would meet the man of her dreams. She went crazy and was so happy. We went to the mall that day and every single guy she saw, she would smile and them and wink. She would keep making eyes at them until they would come up to talk to her. I was so embarrassed to be with her that day.

    ReplyDelete