Thursday, September 27, 2012

Chapter 2, Question 1


I have a lot of strengths that have lead me to choosing the career path that I have chose for myself. It is important to have identify your strengths and weakness in order to ensure success within your life. For example, math is not my strong suit so I would never think about becoming an accountant, because it would not be related to anything I’m interested in plus I would have to work very hard to try to prevail in my career. I am strongest in deductive reasoning, which is basically proving something before declaring it is true. This would help me in my career of choice because of the fact that I want to work with forensics. When crime scene investigators first arrive on the scene of a crime, they do not assume that a person died a certain way, there are a lot of unanswered questions. They look at all the evidence around and try to come to conclusion about why and how this happened. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sigma Love,

    I think you have a very clear idea when you choose your career. I believe when you are good at something and you work for it, you are mostly performing well in that area. For example, if I am good at math and I am a math teacher, I will be likely to enjoy my work very much just because that is what I am good at. According to your self-description, are you majoring in forensic or other related major? I think that is an interesting major and you will be facing a lot of challenges throughout that career.

    Thanks,
    Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sigma Love,

    I agree with Adrian in saying that when you're good at something and work for it, you will perform well and be happier. By understanding what your good at as well as what you love doing, you make better decisions. I am also happy for you that you realize you are good at deductive reasoning and you realize that that is the perfect skill to have to be a Crime Scene investigator. That is a very interesting job, but it is also demanding and requires a lot of reasoning, but I believe that if you really feel like reasoning is your strength then you will do well.

    PS. I like your page name.

    ReplyDelete